Vision prepares original designs for every project.
These designs are based on your requirements and are developed
in full consultation with you. We incorporate allowances for
all factors affecting the design and building process:
- The weather - correct solar orientation,
minimum overshadowing, cross ventilation, external spaces
sheltered from prevailing wind, sunshine & shade - summer
- Site Conditions - Existing views,topography,
soil conditions, stormwater run-off, existing vegetation,
boundary lines, minimum excavation, location of existing
services, potential overlooking concerns, site access for
motor vehicles and construction.
- Engineering and footing design - floor,
wall and roofing designed to allow for articulated footing
systems, protection of foundations from extremes of weather,
location of buildings in relation to significant trees.
- Location of services -depth for drainage
of waste water, adequacy for anticipated load, underground
- Appearance - relation to streetscape,
simple and clean design & detailing, vistas, focal points,
colour and light & shade, contemporary design, proportions.
- Cost Control – use of construction
techniques to minimise construction time and costs, scheduling
and budgeting, fixed price quotations for each stage of
the project from conception, through interim development
approval, final development approval and construction.
- Planning legislation – attention
to zoning requirements, set-backs, environmental controls,
useable open space, heritage requirements
- Development Assessment - presentation
to and negotiation with development assessment body and
all government agencies
- Documentation – Use of Autocad
ensures accurate and clear documents to industry standards
- Material Choice – appearance, durability,
serviceability, thermal and acoustic insulation values,
performance against cost, compatibility
- Construction Management – project
organization with tight time lines, site management, all
insurances maintained, labour and materials coordination,
safety, maintenance and supervision of high standards of
workmanship, cash flow management
- After Sales Service – provision
of as-built drawings, timely attendance to all defects,
maintenance and operating instruction provided.